Welcome to A Life Examined

What is the examined life? A life worth living! As I look at the road ahead, I take all the baggage from the past and use it as experience - the pain and the passion, the sorrow and the joy - allowing it to carve wisdom into my mind and hope into my spirit.
There is no experience that can't be useful to me at some point in my life. There is no lesson learned that cannot make a contribution to the future.
A tiny drop of water is a part of the ocean. A tiny speck in the night sky is a ginormous star in the distance. It all depends on perspective.
So, this examined life is to offer reflections in the hope of discussing things which are of value to myself and to others.
Love, Sarah






Thursday 15 January 2015

Living in Free-Fall: Part 2 Set free from living according to Schedule


This week I have been discovering how to let go of my schedule. Just after I'd written the last post, about escaping life on a schedule, I had my resolve tested and... I passed! In other words, instead of sticking to my plan, I allowed an invitation to change my path. Now, I am really encouraged.

For some, this strategy would be the wrong thing to do. Some of us are born to procrastinate. But for me and others like me, I think the 'free-fall' - the attempt to live with a lack-of-plan - is a turn for the best.

I'm thankful for this stage in my life: My study is now set up again for my thoughts to ruminate, for me to mediate and create. Here I am in quiet surroundings - at the top of a mountain in Spain - with a glimpse of the sea and a great deal of open sky. My desk, my computer, and the instrumental music I love to listen to while I write - all are at the 'ready'.

I have discovered this week that so much of what I do in a day is by compulsion rather than by conviction.I feel compelled to tidy up before sitting down to write; compelled to focus on various projects instead of one-at-a-time; compelled to list the people I need to contact, and to catch up on overdue paperwork. Even though much of my work had to be suspended because of our move, nothing bad happened, so I realize some things just aren't necessary for life!

To live by compulsion as I have been doing up until recently, is not a life fulfilling existence. It isn't at least for me. It gave me a superficial sense of satisfaction when physical order was restored or a mental list was recorded.

On the other hand, to follow my convictions - allowing them to arise from the well inside of me and then to take action - there lies fulfillment for me. Followed sequentially, my convictions will I believe, bring me the sense of completion, achievement, even the victory I so long for.

So, as I live in free-fall, my first understanding has become to WAIT rather than to follow what I feel compelled to do. Even as I write this, I'm distracted by that inner voice that says, 'make that phone call now!'

I experience waiting as active, by-the-way. WAITING, LISTENING, ALLOWING my mind to receive the drops of wisdom, guidance, memory, inspiration and understanding from the well that is within me is active.

So, I wait, I receive, then I create.

I love free-fall. It's scary, but its rewards far outweigh the fear factor.

Love and God bless to you this week. See you next Thursday... AND:




END NOTE: For those who haven't known me for long, and perhaps for some who have: You might enjoy my other blog:
Life from the Lighthouse -- all about what God shows me when He talks to me and I listen. New posts monthly on the 1st.










My website for the Self Publishing House is www.LarusPress.com where I blog on wholeness, witness, the Word of God and worship & warfare. Larus Press offers Christian-based books, blogs and literature to inspire, encourage, equip and empower your living spirit.
Subscribe to our free newsletter, Soaring Post, with issues every Thursday to equip you for your spiritual walk.


See you next Thursday here at A Life Examined.

No comments: