Welcome to A Life Examined

What is the examined life? A life worth living! As I look at the road ahead, I take all the baggage from the past and use it as experience - the pain and the passion, the sorrow and the joy - allowing it to carve wisdom into my mind and hope into my spirit.
There is no experience that can't be useful to me at some point in my life. There is no lesson learned that cannot make a contribution to the future.
A tiny drop of water is a part of the ocean. A tiny speck in the night sky is a ginormous star in the distance. It all depends on perspective.
So, this examined life is to offer reflections in the hope of discussing things which are of value to myself and to others.
Love, Sarah






Thursday 12 February 2015

Living in Free-fall Part 6: How do I see me?

The fact is I've been navel gazing today. In an ultra reflective mode, I've been wondering today, with whatever have been my ambitions, dreams, education and experience, how am I seen from a bird's eye view? How do others see me, or how am I seen from far above... from Heaven?

This is what I've come to recognize - it's  totally subjectively of course. I' think:

I am thoughtful. For the sake of others, yes; but what I'm really referring to is that I'm deeply meditative-  as this post demonstrates. I wonder about the things that happen now, and how they will be interpreted in the future? How will struggle and pain be turned into joy (because it always does)? How does experience breed wisdom and how can I convey what wisdom I've acquired to others? What words shall I apply - what vehicles shall I use - in the Public Eye today that will be significant to someone's predicament tomorrow? These are the sorts of things I think about.

I am solitary. If I spend too much time alone I get low, but largely, I enjoy the time I have on my own. It centers me and focuses me.

I am creative. I dance. I sing. I write. I express myself, in the hope to release others to discover who they are, and how they are seen in Heaven.

I am committed. I will not give up on myself or another, who seeks life in abundance and truth for their lives.

I am surrendered. Life has been about striving. Now, I realize, life is available to come to us, if we relax and enjoy it as it comes.

I am trustworthy. My yes is yes. If I say I'll do something, I stand on my responsibility and see it through.

I am volatile. This is unfortunate, but accurate. Effervescent or explosive? Ask my family.
.
I am sensitive. I cry easily - in joy and in sorrow. I laugh fully. I hope earnestly. I care deeply. I live passionately. Nothing is casual for me. Everything is important. I'm enthusiastic and always looking forward. I always hope for the best - in people, events and circumstances.

How does Heaven see me?

Hungry to be useful. Prophetic. Expressive. Worthy of trust. Committed. I know these things are true because they are bigger than I am, just as Heaven is bigger than we are.

And how about you, Reader? Will you take time for yourself: to sit down and list 5 or more things about yourself that are deep within you that, when consolidated, make up who you are? Surrender leads us to ourselves: the 'place' where knowing ourselves is a step closer to knowing how others experience us. That is a step toward discovering life, full of its lovely surprises and necessary challenges to face, which makes your life richer and more fulfilling.

This is the place where surrender has led me. Will you surrender too, to find who you are and how Heaven sees you?

Until next Thursday......

And in the meantime:



END NOTE: For those who haven't known me for long, and perhaps for some who have: You might enjoy my other blog:
Life from the Lighthouse -- all about what God shows me when He talks to me and I listen. New posts monthly on the 1st.










My website for the Self Publishing House is www.LarusPress.com where I blog on wholeness, witness, the Word of God and worship & warfare. Larus Press offers Christian-based books, blogs and literature to inspire, encourage, equip and empower your living spirit.
Subscribe to our free newsletter, Soaring Post, with issues every Thursday to equip you for the Kingdom of God and the New Earth.




No comments: