Welcome to A Life Examined

What is the examined life? A life worth living! As I look at the road ahead, I take all the baggage from the past and use it as experience - the pain and the passion, the sorrow and the joy - allowing it to carve wisdom into my mind and hope into my spirit.
There is no experience that can't be useful to me at some point in my life. There is no lesson learned that cannot make a contribution to the future.
A tiny drop of water is a part of the ocean. A tiny speck in the night sky is a ginormous star in the distance. It all depends on perspective.
So, this examined life is to offer reflections in the hope of discussing things which are of value to myself and to others.
Love, Sarah






Tuesday 7 February 2017

New Life: old or new wine skins

Breathing new life into my own, I recognise that God fills me with creativity and as I burst open with expression, I wonder: is this a new wine skin or an old one.

Because I know that only the new wine skin will hold the refreshment that others need.
An Examined Life was a wonderful blog I loved to write up to about 28 months ago, week by week, to those who liked a look into the life of a woman, such as me, who was open enough to share her walk in life honestly and earnestly.

I've tried to re-open the Blog as A Life Examined Continues, but while my life continues, the blog hasn't really. The flavour has changed. I think it was "in the old wine skin" that I was creating and so it didn't really flourish.

Now I jot my personal notes in Reflections.

This is a new wine skin. This skin has a prophetic edge, is very much based in my walk with Jesus. Time is short, I think, and in this lifetime, I'd like to make every word, every deed, every attempt to reach out to others count; in counting time I'm counting my efforts. So A Life Examined mustn't continue as I thought, but Reflections must grow out of the seed that was A Life Examined.

Jesus leads me. Where he leads me is into all truth. The truth is, I'm much more surrendered to the Holy Spirit as day proceeds onto the day. My reflections now are less about my life and more about the world around me. Now, as I reflect on the world around me, I share.

Today, I share that new and old wine skins are not the same. The new expands, the new has a sweeter taste, the new has grown beyond the old.

And I share that I am acutely aware that the time for passing by opportunity, for hesitating and procrastination are over. As I gaze out my window and see traffic pass by on the windy road in front of me, I ask: do the drivers know where they are going? And will they arrive where and when they expect?

Reflections is a look at society and how my life fits into it. Reflections is about family, work, play and how it can be fruitful and fulfilling. Reflections is about this life we have and about making the most of it as we live it, not taking any part of it for granted.

"Then He [Jesus] spoke a parable to them: “No one puts a piece from a new garment on an old one; otherwise the new makes a tear, and also the piece that was taken out of the new does not match the old. And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine will burst the wineskins and be spilled, and the wineskins will be ruined. But new wine must be put into new wineskins, and both are preserved. And no one, having drunk old wine, immediately desires new; for he says, ‘The old is better." Luke 5:36-39

But the old is not better, it is just what the drinker is used to. I urge you to try the new, and you'll acquire the taste:)

You will find this and other posts at: http://laruspress.com/category/larusblog/a-life-examined-continues. I hope you'll look for it and tick the box
to sign up to receive further posts which you'll find at the bottom of the page.

Blessings.

No comments: